Re: [Epic] roolzboyz: close combat weapons and holofields

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 04:14:01 PDT

Christian wrote :
>Yeah, but think about it. When a war engine without a CC weapon
>engages another WE in CC, it is effectively blasting away with its
>weapons at (very) short range, so it would seem fair to allow
>holofield saves against hits caused in CC by WE's without a CC weapon.
> However, a WE _with_ a CC weapon slashes and hacks the air with it
>(eg. an Imperial Titan makes a huge sweeping horizontal arc with its
>chainfist at about waist height. A holofield would obviously NOT
>protect the titan from what is effectively a "hack, slash and
grapple"
>attack (it does only project a swirling image in its _local_
>vicinity). Its like, "Oh, he's not just there? How about a couple
>of
>metres over there?" (slash, hack, slash).
>
>Christian.

Well, yes you're right but... :)
OK, perhaps the save of 2+ is too important in close assault against
a WE with CC weapon, but as you wrote it's harder to fight a WE whith
a holofield than a WE without so I suggest (as a house rule of
course) to give a +1 bonus to the Eldar titans in this kind of Close
Assault...

Mais qu'est ce que je fais? I must be mad, I'm defending Eldar
interests...

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my Epic page :
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/