Re: [Epic] roolzboyz: close combat weapons and holofields

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 15:08:53 -0400

Ken Taborek wrote:

> I've got to disagree. A save has been broadened to include kill effects
> which are not described as "hits", such as a unit which loses close combat
> and cannot retreat.

        When did this happen? Saves are useless if
you're broken & caught by the enemy.

> The definition of save would seem to be "a roll to
> avoid removing the model from the board".

        In which case the eldar titan wouldn't get its
save against attacks that didn't remove it from the
board... =)

        The 'Save' power nullifies hits. CC weapons
do not need to hit in order to work, the bearer simply
needs to win the close combat. Thus, Eldar titans
are just as vulnerable to being charged by titans with
a CC weapon as any other titan. Considering that the
CC titan is giving up a death ray or HWB for the CC
weapon, I don't see why this is a big deal.

        The moral of the story is: don't let titans
armed with CC weapons charge your phantoms and
revenants.

Scott
shupes_at_...