Re: [Epic] roolzboyz: close combat weapons and holofields

From: Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 07:32:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Scott Shupe wrote:

> Ken Taborek wrote:
> >
> > I've got to disagree. A save has been broadened to include kill effects
> > which are not described as "hits", such as a unit which loses close combat
> > and cannot retreat.
>
> When did this happen? Saves are useless if
> you're broken & caught by the enemy.

I guess I missed that one. I thought it had been settled that the save
ability let you roll to survive if you're broken & caught by the enemy.

[snip]
> The 'Save' power nullifies hits. CC weapons
> do not need to hit in order to work, the bearer simply
> needs to win the close combat. Thus, Eldar titans
> are just as vulnerable to being charged by titans with
> a CC weapon as any other titan. Considering that the
> CC titan is giving up a death ray or HWB for the CC
> weapon, I don't see why this is a big deal.
>
> The moral of the story is: don't let titans
> armed with CC weapons charge your phantoms and
> revenants.

Hey, I don't really like it, I just think that that is the way it is.
I've already allowed my Eldar opponents this, and unless GW comes up with
an erratta stating otherwise, we're going to play this way.

> Scott
> shupes_at_...

--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune