RE: [Epic] roolzboyz: close combat weapons and holofields

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 07:17:47 -0400

Since then, I've become a little more conservative. I usually have an
arty=
 detachment (hmm, actually, I _always_ have an arty detach :), and
I'll tar=
get the Revanants untill I get a hit in. The critical (always
rolled for E=
ldar Titans) usually takes down the holofield. Then, Land
Raiders or anyth=
ing else in range can usually kill it with a few more
hits. Easy, right? =
Don't you believe it! The Revenant seems to be a
gamble. If I kill them e=
arly, and haven't had to concentrate most of my
available fire on them, I u=
sually win. If I fire at them for turns
without seeing a "1" come up, I us=
ually lose. I tried ignoring them once,
so I could shoot up the close assa=
ult troops, and that was a disaster.

I'm really bothered that they are che=
aper than Warhounds. On average, it
takes the same number of dice to effec=
t either, untill the void shields go
down. Then the Warhound dies on any c=
ritical roll of 8+. Seems you get
more for less with the Revenants.

Depen=
ds on luck actually. (Which applies to eldar war machines in general) Somet=
imes they will do really well. They'll make all the holofield saves and abs=
orb
insane amounts of firepower while shooting up the enemy or sometimes t=
hey will
die on the first or second shot.
--------------------------------=
---
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reign=
s in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents an=
d precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assump=
tion of all is to assume that we care."
					-David Brin, Infinity's Shor=