Re: [Epic] Blast markers on titans

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 16:52:10 -0400 (EDT)

"Miller, Chris" <CMiller_at_...> writes:
> ----> Yeah, you used to have those heads and the CP multi lasers
> but they don't really cover them on the new War Machine sheet for
> Warlords. You get into one of those conversations with your opponent
> about "what should it do in THIS edition" - I have that Deathstrike
> cannon
> too, and I guess "megacannon" is the closest thing, but what about the
> fire-control center? Haven't messed with it enough yet to get a good
> feel for it. With the little guns, I think the firepower & range isn't
> an issue
> so much for what it does offensively, but for exactly the reason
> mentioned above - how many blasts can it soak off.

        That was always my problem with the heads. With the crappy
reactor save, there was no reason not to put on either a Deathstrike
or a CC head (or a Corvus Assault Head, but those were harder to find
and get rules for) on a Warlord. I always felt that they had 5 weapon
mounts to the 3 on my Phantom/Warlock Titans. (I tried my hardest to
put one Turbo-Laser Destructer and one 4 point Barrage on for wing
weapons.) I always envied the variety of weapon mountings that the
Imperial Titans got, but now they're screwed just like the Eldar. :(
4 almost-identical weapon mountings, with a mere half-dozen choices.
(3 on a Reaver)

Mark