[NetEpic ML] Re: Heavy Companies

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:20:00 +0000

Hi!

I have viewed tis interesting issue of whether to restrict or not certain
detachments or companies. My views are:

Although in principal I favor some sort of restriction it seems difficult to
come up with a universal rule since all the armies are so different. Along my
many years playing this game one maxims comes to mind " you cant please everyone
all the time" so dont try.

I have seen every piece of cheese you can imagine and not matter what you
restrict there is still someone who will cheese that out too.

So what is the solution?

I really think we should consider Kens initial though on classifying units by
rarity. The benefits is that its a unified system. One that I fancied goes thus:

Every unit has a prefix number, either a 1, 2 or 3. One are common units, two
are uncommon and three rare.

The way its used is that the number will indicate how many common units you need
to be eligble to buy ONE uncommon or rare unit.

Example: Common units have a rating of one, so you can have as many as you want
since they "cost" 1 point. Now to obtain ONE uncommon unit you must have at
least TWO common units and to have ONE rare unit you must have at least THREE
common units.

If you dont like the terminology because its too CCG-like, then use the terms,
core, support and specialized units.

Of course the disadvantage is to classify them, but I think this can be easily
done.

Also this could be strictly optional, although I dont have any qualms on making
it official.

Peter