[NetEpic ML] Re: Ork Taktiks

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 06:44:05 PDT

Hi,

>My advice with Bad Moonz: use 'em like Devastators. Find two or three
>objectives they can reach in a turn or two of moving, get them into
>position and then just sit and shoot anything that moves. They ARE short
>ranged, but get them further onto the battlefield and they will have a good
>change of having something in range to shoot.

Yes this is why I've chosen them (with their cool colour scheme) : with a
save modifier of -2 they are tank killers. Their short range is their main
weakness but I'll use a lot of battlewagons to transport them to the
objectives.

(...)
>Nifty, eh? But at 250pts, I find them expnsive
>and would rather use the points on other things (like a Weirdboy Battle
>Tower and Dragsta). But that's me.

Unfotunately I don't have any Weirdboy Tower... Perhaps some little
conversion on a standard battlewagon could solve the problem.

>Goffs are great at one thing: Close Combat. They are also pretty good at
>one other thing: short-range shooting.

Short range shooting? I thought that the only correct order for them should
be the Charge one...

> I don't like Goffs as EVERY time I
>have used them in CC against any foe, weaker or more powerful, they get
>slaughtered.

Oh! I've fought Goffs once. I was used to fight Eldar Guardians and I
thought that my Marines where the best tactical troops in close assault...
Then Goffs came and I understood that I had to be cautious with this kind of
unit... :(

>Your problem with the Bikers is that they are the fastest thing in your
>army, but they have no one to lead them. Thus, they will go out of command
>really easily. Call them Nobz Warbikes and they quickly become a great
>investment as they are hard in CC, don't need to be lead, shoot very well
>(if short ranged) and can be used as mobile command. I swear by Nobs
>Warbikes.

I know that bikes could be out of command easily but I want to use them to
support the Goffs as they can react quickly. I don't know if sending them
far away from my main line is a good idea.

>For your army, you need more troops. I know you have a limited selection,
(...)
n a huge victory before the other player knows what has happened.

>"Strength in numbers" is the key to winning with the Orks. And most of
>their firepower is short-ranged so don't get caught in a long-ranged
>firefight. You will lose.

I have some extra stands of boyz and gretchins which could be used to
increase the Break Point of my clans.

Thank you very much for your help.

The battle will certainly take place on saturday, the second of october, I
will post a short battle report.

A bient�t!

Fran�ois Bruntz.