[NetEpic ML] Thunderhawks

From: James Beadle <james_beadle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 21:10:21 -0800

Hello everyone...

   Well I had my first game this evening in five years with a nice fellow I
have just met and his friends (who were also very cool). It was an intense
battle that ended in a draw as we had to break up (it was getting late). I
fielded Eldar and he played Space Marines (2000pts each). I was introduced
to Thunderhawks bearing assult troops, two Thunderhawks to be exact... wow!
They dopped down on top of my eldar host and completely routed them. my
infantry was cought in thier tanks and I was delivered a blow that I thought
had lost me the game. As it was I trailed behind in victory points the whole
game and never did catch up (meaning that my opponent technically won the
battle). I was looking better near the end, having nearly broken both of his
Battle Companies, but he was still ahead.
   When I was playing the game before this, way back in the "olden days"
Thunderhawks weren't around. Are there any other fast attack units around
like that which can transport such unusual quantities of troops into battle
so swiftly??

James