Re: [NetEpic ML] Fluff suggestion for Tau

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 18:11:25 -0500

This gave me an idea to bend the fluff for our purposes. The rapid
scientific progress points IMO suspiciously in the direction of Slann. We
need just say that the Slann were preparing for their comeback and made
contact with the Ethereal caste, and started strengthening the Tau for
the
benefit of both. The Slann gained some more allies and the Tau gained
technology. Nothing else need to be changed.

Opinions?

-->That's one idea, and one rooted in existing fluff (Slann sticking
their tongues where they don't belong). Or another idea is that the Tau
are just really good imitators. The "lost" colonization fleet eventually
did arrive (sans colonists and crew), and crashed on the Tau home world.
They find the wreckage and gain all sorts of stuff from the archives and
surviving mechanical devices. And, this wouldn't even conflict with
Jyrki's idea, in that the Slann could have genetically engineered this
ability into the Tau. Just another idea...

Josh R

Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell
Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein -Rammstein