[NetEpic ML] Re: Damage Rolls

From: Tzeentch <tzeentch666_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 07:02:33 -0800

I have a question about weapons that add to the damage dice roll for titans
and praeorians (Volcano Cannons, Deth Cannons , etc...). I only ask this
because if you fire a gargant Deth Cannon at a titan with no shields and hit
it is +2 to the Titan damage chart but I shot my same Deth Cannon at a
Shadow Sword tank and hit but the roll was a 1 on the Super Heavy damage
table and the tank was unscathed. So my question is since Super Heavies have
a damage table shouldn't the + apply to their damage rolls as well?
------------------------------
Well superheavy damage tables are optional so that's probably why it's not
very explicit. I've always thought that yes, Titan damage modifiers are
added. In fact maybe it should be renamed Damage chart modifier or something
so that they apply to all damage charts.

---------------------------
We also play a house rule that a Command unit can charge and first fire but
loses the first fire if they initiate the charge. This rule should only
apply to infantry and calvary and not command tanks(landraider and
superheavy commands, they aren't praetorians).
Hmm, how does this work? Seems a little bit too fiddly for me.

Ken

Thanks
Darius

Click here!