Re: [NetEpic ML] GW, play testing, and cticism

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 21:54:16 -0400

Hi!

This one has been around for as far as I can remember. They love bashing US gamers calling them "power-gamers" or as Josh pointed out "not playing right". Yet they do not complain when its GW US which keeps GW in the black and profitable-hypocrites.

Even WOTC, which some people can't stand uses beta-testers for their products. As a matter of fact I don't know ANY company, besides GW, who does not employ testers. Is their any wonder their games are so full of obvious errors. It kills me with laughter when hours after a GW release players find glaring mistakes.

I also laugh when they claim the professional mantle. There is a reason GW games NEVER win the best games design in Orgins awards. They win great mini, flashy product, etc. Of course they have also bashed those awards for being anti-GW. Anyone who doesn't recognize their greatness is in the wrong.

The ONLY advantage and albeit a large one is their market presence. Thier exclusive deals with WOTC to peddle their wares in their stores gives them a big edge, but companies like I-kore and historical mini companies, as Josh pointed out, are increasingly getting into tradional GW markets and their market share starts to get smaller. Their old "GW=quality" is becoming less true and in some cases downright false as these companies put equal quality for less cost.

hehe, I collect old dragon magazines its funny to see what GW was back then....

Peter