Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic 40K revision

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:39:28 -0500

Hi!

I gotta a problem with this. If we are already in the hole because of
what we do here, then why bother? If this groups opinions are going to be
measured by "who they came from" and not "how good they are", again why
bother?

-->Oh I do agree, don't get me wrong. But sometimes a frontal assault is
not the best way to take a bastion. I'm certainly not above a little
trickery and down right sneaky tactics. But, as I see things, based on
Jervis' rant, he's not all that interested in getting non E40K input. I
think he said that more as a sop to those that rejected his genius, than
with any real intent. But, I'm not that concerned over his personal
opinion of us really, and am more than willing to get my way by pulling a
fast one on him. As long as the ends are with in the target range, I'm
not that fussy.

I'd rather still produce and send separately, if he chooses to ignore it
so be it. Of course this does not preclude that IF the ball indeed is
seen to roll we can then merge, but first I want to see that "being
reasonable" works both ways.

-->I didn't say not to. Just that if effect is be had and seen, then
it's probably best to use a Trojan horse of sorts. As I said, I'm not
that fussy about how the job gets done. But we should go ahead and send
separately, as well as pitch things to the E40K regulars. Think gene
stealer cult, and not Space Marine. 8)

I know it must be apparent I'm not crazy about this new epic thing, but
quite frankly I'm dubious on how well meaning this "input attitude" is. I
may be proven dead wrong, at least I hope to be, but that remains to be
seen. At this point I sincerely hope that the optimistic attitude of
others rubs on the me too.

Peter

-->Oh, I think this is going to flop, big time. I think that too much
damage has been done to effectively save epic as a line. GW has decided
to put all its Epic eggs in one basket, banking on a revitalization
through this new endeavor. By effectively dropping what is available,
and focusing entirely on this new line, not enough people will buy in to
it to keep it on the production boards. Unless a serious alteration of
the production schedule and game basis are done, this will not succeed,
and we will be searching for new minis very soon.

Josh R

"No matter where you go, there you are." B.Bonzai