Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic 40K revision

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 13:02:29 -0500

If this group, en masse, wants to get involved, I highly suggest
subscribing to the "regular" epic list (epic_at_yahoogroups.com). and work
with the regulars there. They have been very active in "tweaking" both
E40K, and AT2 over the years, much as this group has done for the older
versions. They have some working projects, like Andy Skinner's Titan
Project, Mike Looney's E41K project, and there are some others. Plus, if
that does happen, and the two "sides" get together, it shows far more
support for the Epic style of gaming, and that we all are interested in
seeing Epic survive, even if we are not overly impressed with the rules
themselves. I know that both Peter and myself are subbed over there, so
there is precedent (and I think Ken is too still). Though Peter does
show up in the darndest of places, like GreyTalk. 8) Many of the other
lists members have been in regular contact with Jervis, getting Q&A's
from him, and in terms of suggestions and additions, as well as being the
authors of articles in Firepower and the Epic Mag. Beyond that, I would
suggest that we all send a "group" letter, as well as reasonable
individual letters/e-mails to Jervis and Fanatic, reinforcing the group
letter. This would not only show the strength, and abilities of the
online Epic community, but that even those of us who disliked E40K in
it's current incarnation, can better show where we feel the rules don't
meet our wants, and what we see as more satisfying in terms of game
mechanics and styles. Any other thoughts?

Josh R

"No matter where you go, there you are." B.Bonzai