SV: [NetEpic ML] Epic 40K revision

From: Eivind Borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:45:49 +0100

Hi

My thoghts below...

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: Peter Ramos [mailto:primarch_at_...]
Sendt: 11. februar 2002 18:54
Til: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Emne: Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic 40K revision

Hi!

> -->Oh I do agree, don't get me wrong. But sometimes a frontal assault
is
> not the best way to take a bastion. I'm certainly not above a little
> trickery and down right sneaky tactics. But, as I see things, based
on
> Jervis' rant, he's not all that interested in getting non E40K input.
> think he said that more as a sop to those that rejected his genius,
than
> with any real intent. But, I'm not that concerned over his personal
> opinion of us really, and am more than willing to get my way by
pulling a
> fast one on him. As long as the ends are with in the target range,
I'm
> not that fussy.

Hehe, devious, a man after my own heart. Perhaps your arguement has got
me think in the "perspective" I should be using <evil grin>

> I'd rather still produce and send separately, if he chooses to ignore
it
> so be it. Of course this does not preclude that IF the ball indeed is
> seen to roll we can then merge, but first I want to see that "being
> reasonable" works both ways.
>
> -->I didn't say not to. Just that if effect is be had and seen, then
> it's probably best to use a Trojan horse of sorts. As I said, I'm not
> that fussy about how the job gets done. But we should go ahead and
send
> separately, as well as pitch things to the E40K regulars. Think gene
> stealer cult, and not Space Marine. 8)

        ------------>hehe.. But I do prefer to think like a Squat! They
asked our opinion, so lets give it to them. If they dont like it, its
not really our problem. We got a good thing running here anyway!

        Not that I mean we should be rude, uncivilised or anything and
of course it has to be within the boundaries of the E40K framework.
They are not to change it back to Space Marines anyway. I just think
that giving our view on things as the heretics we are might be a
valuable input to GW.

        Eivind

HAhaHA, I get you loud and clear. Pretty damn slick, hehehe. I must be
getting dim-witted and slow in my old age......

> -->Oh, I think this is going to flop, big time. I think that too much
> damage has been done to effectively save epic as a line. GW has
decided
> to put all its Epic eggs in one basket, banking on a revitalization
> through this new endeavor. By effectively dropping what is available,
> and focusing entirely on this new line, not enough people will buy in
> it to keep it on the production boards. Unless a serious alteration
of
> the production schedule and game basis are done, this will not
succeed,
> and we will be searching for new minis very soon.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, sorry about that. At least I'm not the only one
thinking this. Most of my retisence stems from what you point out, it
has "gorka-morka" written all over it.

Its a shame you dont live close by Josh, my savvy and wit is getting
dull out here in the Puerto rican boondocks and I need someone like you
to sharpen them on. Rock on!

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/