Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic 40K revision

From: Jason Bradley <bradley_jason_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:41:01

Hello there! I am new to the list, My name is Jason, I live in the
mineapolis area. I have been wargaming for roughly fifteen years, I still
have a Plastic Warlord from TL! I have yet to play epic, but a friend and I
are meeting this sunday to start!

While alot of the things I have seen on here are pretty good ideas and
suggestions, I am confused about something. While I agree with most of the
statements you guys are making about GW, they really do ave a bizarre if
workable marketing style! It sucks that they come out with some good games
and then support dwindles, and it sucks that Epic suffered heavily from
this. What I am confused about is the Abuse that is directed towards Jervis
johnson on this list. I recieved his neewsletter as well, read it and
apparently got a totally different idea. It seemed to me that Jervis was
saying that not only does he like the game, he has heard that there are
others who like it as well. although he enjoys the simplicity of Epic40K,
he has heard the cries for more detail and is willing to work on it. From
what it sounds like to me, he really wants to bring it back and make another
go at it, this time giving it a fair chance and making it palatable for a
wider range of gamers. I didnt see any attack on anyone about not realizing
his genius or the beauty of his game. I didnt see him attacking this list
specifically although there may be some history there I am unaware of. I
think the guys who are working in and with fanatic are gamers, like us, who
enjoy something enough to want to find a way to keep it alive! Priestly
loves Warmaster, and he is working hard to keep it going. Jervis loves
Epic, and it seems to me he has decided to toss in his lot and go for it!
What I see is that, even if you dont like the way Epic40K is set up, this is
a chance for new models, new possibilities. So far, from reading Epic40k,
and playing it in my mind, I love it, and believe I will love it even more.
NetEpic is intriguing as well, and will be tried out.
I guess what I dont understand is why so much angst? I am not trying to be
disrespectful by any means, just curious. i know how you guys feel. I
refuse to play 40K or Fantasy anymore, getting sick of revisions, new model
lines, new rule sets making my armies and minis obsolete. But epic is a
nice game and I cant wait to get stuck in and start playing!
Anyway, I am not trying to start a flame war, just expressing some genuine
curiosity and confusion

jason Bradley

"Try not. Do or Do not. There is no try."
                     --- Master Yoda