Re: [NetEpic ML] net epic suppression

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 06:14:04 +0000

>Note that no new mechanic has been invented to implement this rule. It
>uses the standard net epic rules for firing and shooting. The only
>difference is that besides the usual inflicting hits, the amount of dice
>thrown will also tell you if suppression has occurred.

This seems pretty simple and reasonable I'd say. It works well in Heresy, so
it would likely work as well in NetEpic.

Things that ought to be considered would be:
Should some troops be more resilient to suppression? FX infantry with saving
throws, elite units or whatnot?

>Suppression makes it more difficult to move and fire. Units that are
>suppressed must make a morale check in order to move or fire. A failed
>morale check means that the suppressed unit cannot move or fire. A
>successful morale check means that the unit can move or fire normally. If
>the suppressed unit has only one suppression marker the morale check is
>made without penalty. For each additional suppression counter a minus 1
>penalty to morale checks is applied. Note that this penalty also applies
>to standard break tests and route tests, as well as battlefield effects
>(psychic attacks).

This works fine I figure. Needs to be playtested of course :)
At least it would finally make morale a significant factor in the game.

>Any weapon with a save modifier of 0 will cause normal suppression against
>units with no armor save and half suppression against units with an armor
>save.

oooh..Peter again shows his excellence by answering my question about
armoured units before i can ask it :)