Re: [NetEpic ML] net epic suppression

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 01:39:51 -0500

Ok, here I go off the deep end once again! Hey, the pool is filled this
time, right? Anyway, suppression is already somewhat incorporated into
NetEpic, just not specifically as such. By this I refer to pinning, and
even to the morale/break point rules. In many aspects, NetEpic has
abstracted suppression into these rules, where as E40K made it the focus
of the combat rules. In NetEpic, when a unit is pinned, and when it hits
its break point, it in many ways is already "suppressed." When a unit is
pinned, its choices of actions are limited, owing to the surperior fire
power of its opponent. When it hits its break point, it has suffered
effects of enemy fire, and failing its roll, runs for cover, or until
rallied. rather than insert a new rule covering suppression, I suggest
fiddling with the pinning and morale rules to accomodate a more
"realistic" approach. Ading another layer, on top of pinning and morale,
I feel will just burden the game, especially if it requires another table
or die roll. best bet would be to combine the concept of pinning and
suppression, as they do go hand in hand. Any one else?

Josh R

"No matter where you go, there you are." B.Bonzai