Re: [NetEpic ML] net epic suppression

From: Daryl Lonnon <dlonnon_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:02:05 -0700 (MST)

Some random thoughts/questions on supression,

o Do you determine supression before or after you take casualties?
  (ie a 4 stands of 1 die fire on 3 vehicles (at 1/2 supression) ...
   one vehicle dies ... are the vehicles supressed or not?).
  I'd vote for after casualties, it makes taking casualities an
  additive effect on supression.

o Should supression be removed at the end of that units/detachments NEXT
  activation. This would keep you from getting a supressed near the end of
  the turn and just removing them for no actual effect. Would also
  remove the "gamey" tactic of moving important units early in the turn,
  getting supression, removing the supression in the end phase, then
  moving them early/first again.

o Perhaps supression should effect what orders a unit is given (or not
  given). Infantry/cavalry are given no orders while supressed (and/or
  remove the order that they may have been given). Vehicles are shifted
  to advance orders. This would also give certain armies flavour (IIRC
  there are already rules for what orks, tyranids, (and I think deamons),
  do when not given orders (I might be confusing default orders when out
  of command radius though)). This might not be penalizing enough for
  vehicles.

o Just a general statement, whatever is done, we should try to keep
  the optional rules consistent with as few special cases as possible
  (falling back on existing rules is fine).

DarylL