Re: [NetEpic ML] net epic suppression

From: Mr Wizard <mr_wizard_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:45:02 -0500

Dear Group,

    As well as NetEpic I also play alot of 3e40k. We made a simple system
for suppression but I don't know if it would work for epic. We said weapons
only cause suppression if the firer is trying to suppress a unit. When
laying down a suppressive fire you don't usally really hit anything (your
trying to force the enemie to keep his head down and not move). So a unit
must declare suppressive fire. Roll to hit and apply those dice to what ever
formula you want to use for suppression markers, but the attack causes no
damage to the suppressed squad. This keeps suppression for being abused.
Almost all of the time you want to damage a squad, but I've see times when I
simple would have been happy with halting a units progress across the board.
This even alows you to stack suppresion for other squads without being
abusive. I can't remember who said it but suppression is already in the
system in the form of Moral and brake points. What is needed is a system
that alows units to be pinned by fire. That's my two cents.

Nathan