Re: [NetEpic ML] Brainstorm session

From: Christian Danckworth <ce.de_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:42:20 +0100

Hello Peter,

PR> Hi!

PR> I thought I would throw out some ideas and comments that would be reviewed come revision time in order to get a feel for opinions:

PR> 1. While I could go either way on the holofield for Eldar super heavies, it did bring up a more important issue regarding the super heavy damage tables. Do people like the very simple one or are
PR> you using the more detailed ones? Whats the preference?

we mainly use the more detailed ones to keep up athmosphere

PR> 2. Praetorian costs are too low. This has been discussed before and after much playtest I agree that they need to be increased. The fact that they have templates make them as powerful as titans
PR> and sould be priced accordingly. For example, look at the Colossus, with its 8 battle cannon hitting on 4+ and shields. This thing is as good as most warlord titans! I tinkered with the points
PR> formula and would suggest that most praetorians need a price hike of 150 points on average. Comments?

thats my opinion as well...but not too much

PR> 3. Another thorn is the issue of weapons with the same name having different stats for different units (bolters being the most prominent example). A lascannon should have the same stats
PR> regardless where its on as well as battle cannons, etc. Some uniformity here makes it easier for people to remember

yep

PR> 4. AA guns should probably be defined as one of two types :static and mobile. Static AA are expensive, have long range and may only fire at either air or ground in a turn (not both). Mobile AA
PR> are cheap, shorter range and can fire at both ground and air units indescriminately.

sounds good to me.
one comment to the range debate in generell - i like games where i
have to make myself a plan to avoid beeing shot by aa (with my fliers)
- it prevents the player to use too many of them becoming to strong. i
always try to concentrate against aa (by bike-attcks, etc.) to make the
air "free" for my flyer attacks or thunderhawk landing

--
Best regards,
 Christian                            mailto:ce.de_at_...