[NetEpic ML] Re: warp missiles

From: Peter Ramos <pramos_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 16:32:04 +0000

Hi!

stefano andreoni wrote:

> Hi,
>
> often when I playd against imperials I faced lots of titan armed with warp
> missiles, specially when I playd my loved squats. The missile devasting
> effect, generally, knocked out my pretorians in the first turns and this,
> often, decide the game.

All to tue, but since praetorians have templates they are somewhat more
resilient than they used to be.

> For their cost this missile is too cheap, specially when the target is a
> giant block as a pretorian. I think that is too easy to sit a titan on the
> table, declare a titan/pretorian as target, hit automatically, ignore the
> shields and hope to hit somethink inside, remember that the easier location
> in a pretorian is the hull and even with two scatter dice the change to hit
> it are great.
> And for 125 is a must to take.

No doubt titans and their weapons will get a major looksee and perhaps
overhaul, since their are many problems with them.

> Consideration? A rarity factor could be introduced in the future?

Hehe, funny you should say that since Heresy has on in place for titan weapons.
I would agree a similar thing should exist in net epic, having a warlord
carrying many missiles while legal, is surely wrong from an availability point
of view, after all they are supposed to be rare.

Peter