Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: More brainstorming

From: Christian Danckworth <ce.de_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 22:56:04 +0100

Hello dkaardal,

hi donovan -
i think the anti-personnel-weapon-rule makes a lot of sense to me (i
am also a former 2nd ed. player using netepic for one year now). its a
logical further development of the rules.
what i do not like are the ideas to double the titans caf - that would
make them too strong in my opinion, even if they are the ultimate warmachines of the
40.000 universe.
i would vote against this rule-change.
c-ya
christian
d> hello all - I'm new to this forum, and fairly new to net epic.

d> I used to play 2nd ed. space marine years ago, but I just got back
d> into it - thanks mainly to netepic.... but I do have some issues with
d> the rules, and the post I'm replying to comments on one of them.

>> 2. Titans versus non-titan/praetorian units in close combat

d> I actually have a huge problem with the fact that you CAN'T swarm
d> titans with infantry.

d> I mean, it does make a certain amount of sense that you can hurt
d> something with infantry. A well-places satchel charge, or grenades,
d> or whatnot... I mean, if the person taking the titan is

d> a: not smart enough to take an anti-personal weapon and
d> b: doesnt want to give the titan a screen of his own infantry,

d> then he deserves to loose his titan. They are NOT invincible..
d> they're just really tough tanks. That's all. If a modern tank doesnt
d> have an antipersonal machine gun or something, it get's killed by
d> infantry.

d> The current rules make it impossible for infantry to take out a
d> titan. Period. Stands having to make saves from titans "free"
d> antipersonal weapons, THEN not being able to add to each others
d> scores in combat? forget it. One titan VS 100 marine tactical
d> companies? the titan would just have to wash the blood off afterwards.

d> Titans are the ultimate anti-tank weapon platforms.. but unless you
d> buy antipersonal weapons, you SHOULD be able to be taken down with
d> infantry. That's one of the JOBS of infantry. Granted, it's not going
d> to be cheap... even in the old rules it was going to cost you.

d> The original rules were fine - you had to think about your titan, and
d> protect it like you protect any other resource you had. They were not
d> unstopable, they were just damned tough.

d> all you had to do was make sure it had some anti-infantry weapons. If
d> there was a need to change any rule, then I'd make special anti-
d> infantry weapons that take a weapon mount, but always fired at
d> infantry on the first fire phase. That way if you DIDNT buy one, you
d> had no one else to blame. Make something like this available to every
d> race.

d> Donovan

d> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

d> To unsubscribe send e-mail to: netepic-unsubscribe_at_egroups.com

d> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to theYahoo! Terms of Service.

--
Best regards,
 Christian                            mailto:ce.de_at_...