RE: [NetEpic ML] Deathstrike question

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:40:56 -0400

Hi!

Cost and effectiveness are always prime issue in revisions. As much as
re-wording is. There are quite a few units I will be addressing in the
revision, deathstrikes are but one.

Drop pods
Warp hunters
Shock attack guns

These are but a few units that have too many rules. Not that I want to
take away the flavor, but I think we can gain the same effect with less
blah, blah.

In the case of deathstrikes, I'd rather have a battery that fires the
one shot it travels "x" centimeters impacts and its done with. This fits
in well with proposed rules for AA in that static AA would have a better
chance at shooting them down than mobile AA would. More importantly
there is less to keep track of and it still does the same thing. By the
way the allowed missiles are: warp, barrage, harpoon. I'd rather we
limit them to barrage and perhaps one warp per battery.

Eldar chassis are "lower" cost to offset the cost of elder weapons which
are quite high. The idea was that when equipped the titan would be
roughly what it used to cost with a "standard" package. A phantom with
double pulsars gets quite expensive as is. Although the rulings on
holofields get them back on the table, they aren't that resilient or
tough in CC.

Then again, it ALL gets reviewed. Isn't net epic procedure grand?

Peter