RE: [NetEpic ML] More brainstorming

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:59:09 -0400

Hi!

The trouble with morale checks is that the core mechanics for epic
really downplay its significance, to the point of making it meaningless.
Even armies with "bad morale" still have a 50-50 chance which is not
bad. So such a rule has no real impact because it wont happen that much.

I like the AT morale rules where their would be penalties for doing
crazy crap like that, according to threat levels. For example charging a
titan is pretty scary so why not impose a -2 to the morale? Even marines
would be sufficiently penalized then. Also note chaos doesn't roll
morale to break, but charging a titan is another deal and a check should
be required nonetheless. Tyranids...well they are tyranids and this
won't significantly change things in the long run.

Peter