Re: [NetEpic ML] More brainstorming

From: Zerloon <zerloon_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 22:12:14 +0100

At 20.19 28/03/2002 +0000, you wrote:

> > >I still LOATHE the idea of giving a titan basically an immunity
> > >against half of an opponants army for free.
> >
> > Mmmmm a walking skyscrape should be immune to any infantry, save
> > exceptionally rare heroes...
>
>walking mechanical construct. Tanks look big and indestructable
>too... but one guy with a well places satchel charge can ruin it's
>whole day.
>
>if it's got moving parts, those parts can be made to not move. you're
>not killing the whole titan, just trying to ruin a leg or two.

Yes, there are moving parts, but I presume that people who construct Titan
don't place a vital point in a easy to reach point, but in a well armored
shells!!!
Moreover, an infantry could barely reache the titan upper foot's finger, if
climb (and this must NOT be easy...) they can reach the upper foot at best
hope... I don't think there are such control panel there...

> > >Hell - make them make a moral check to even CHARGE the thing! THAT
> > >makes sense... it's all well and good to say that it's possible for
> > >infantry to take a titan down, but I certainly woudlnt be running
> > >towards one if I saw it on the battlefield.
> >
> > Well, no much sense...
> > Tyranid and Chaos pass automatically morale test...
> > Space marine have a 2+...
> > Only Eldar (3+) and Ork (4+) have a chance (too low...) of being
>affected
> > by morale in charging Titan...
>
>ummmm... so?
>
>it's just one more thing that is not unbalancing, but still
>illustrates the terrifying effect of a 30-40 metre tall war machine.
>It's not a rule that's meant to make titans unbeatable - but it does
>add one more thing to think about when assaulting one.
>
>well, except for tyranids... ech. I hate those guys.

^_______^ we're in tho to hate them!!!

The morale idea is good, but in my advice is not a solution.

I think the actual rule are not bad.