RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Core Rules [LONG]

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:50:24 -0400

Hi!

---->Alternate objectives should be known in advance, prior to chosing
army composition. Another point of view is allowing alternate objectives
only in scenarios and campaigns. Seems quite unfair to randomize
alternate objectives AFTER chosing army composition. A breaktrough kind
objectives will result in disadvantage when you focused your strategy in
artillery and waiting for them to come. No general will design a force
without knowing what it is intended for.

Any suggestions for objectives?

I'd propose as a basic rule or an advance one, that objectives ONLY be
awarded if a player has eradicated all enemy units with 15cm of the
objective. This, of course, increases the lethality involved taking
objective since it is no longer "the closest" who takes the objective,
but he who destroyed ALL units within 15cm of an objective. This
accounts for different tactics and game play. Opinions?

---> I think this will allow for some Cheesy tactics. I'd leave it as it
is now.

How so? Frankly I can think of more cheesy situations with the current
rules.

---> Objectives claim. The effect may change depending on it's position.
For example before or after rallying troops. I think objectives should
be claimed BEFORE rallying, but AFTER reapiring.

That's an excellent point! Need to get that in.

--->I'd allow them to charge, so they can keep with their troops. Le'ts
say they don't need orders, can move up to cahrge rate and fire
depending on they move (No move, FIRST FIRE /SNAP FIRE, up to normal
rate FIRST FIRE, normal rate to charge rate ADVANCED FIRE).

I like this too. It's a very good compromise. Opinions?

---> This rule should be reworded as "Under no circumstances may
embarked models fire from within transports." it's not true (Imperator
Titan, Capitol Imperialis?), I propose (correct my poor English, please)
"Embarked models cannot fire from within transports, unless specificly
stated in the transport vehicle rules".

I get what you mean, good addition.

--->I think troops inside Titans shouldn't get this save roll. Same for
Skimmers and Flyers (unless troops wear Jet Packs or similar).

I wouldn't call a titan a transport in the same vein as other vehicles,
but I get you point.

---> Either in this part or in the shooting phase, it should be stated
that transported artillery cannot fire during the turn it is
transported. IMHO artillery needs more preparation to shoot than
infantry.

Logical, any objections to add this?

--->I agree (but I don't see a lot of benefit, unless there were lots of
Flyers. I'll rate it as optional. What happens with a second attacker?
and a third?)

After some thought its not really necessary, the fact that fliers cant
be pinned makes this redundant.

--->Under advanced rules I would reword "Most Titans/ Praetorians can
only make a total of 90-degree turning during movement, either in one
90-degree turn or a sum of shorter turns (for example two 45-degree
turns.". That's the way or group always plays. Opinions?

<grin> frankly I do this too. I suspect others as well. Do we make this
"official"?

---> Are models in tunnelers not surfaced yet and transports waiting to
appear also counted?
No.
Peter