RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Core Rules [LONG]

From: Zerloon <zerloon_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:01:39 +0200

At 20.43 12/04/2002 -0400, you wrote:

> >Advanced rules about alternative obket sounds very good!!
>
>All we need are some suggestions on advanced objectives, any ideas?

Well, I think that alternate objet should something like the "Scenario" (I
don't know correct word!!) with ech army have a soecific goal. All scenario
should have his rule, so I suggest to delay to advance rule discussion.

> >A little note: an units in first fire could be "moved" declaring that
> >he's don't move?
>
>Care to explain further?

Yes, example:
My enemy choose a detachment, flip an advanced order and move.
I choose a det. flip a First Fire order and declare that det. no move.
Then my enemy flip and so on...
Is right or in the movemente phase I can flip ONLY units with
advance/charge order?

--->I'd allow them to charge, so they can keep with their troops. Le'ts say
they don't need orders, can move up to cahrge rate and fire depending on
they move (No move, FIRST FIRE /SNAP FIRE, up to normal rate FIRST FIRE,
normal rate to charge rate ADVANCED FIRE).
I like this too. It's a very good compromise. Opinions?

I agree is a very good ideas!!

---> Either in this part or in the shooting phase, it should be stated that
transported artillery cannot fire during the turn it is transported. IMHO
artillery needs more preparation to shoot than infantry.
Logical, any objections to add this?

No, is totally right.

--->Under advanced rules I would reword "Most Titans/ Praetorians can only
make a total of 90-degree turning during movement, either in one 90-degree
turn or a sum of shorter turns (for example two 45-degree turns.". That's
the way or group always plays. Opinions?
<grin> frankly I do this too. I suspect others as well. Do we make this
"official"?

I agree to make "official" is more realistic.

>I think we may need to cut down on the number of HQ units. Perhaps make a
>difference between HQ and "Hero" (or something similar)

Problem is wouldn't the problems of one be transferred to the other?

NO!!! Don't make "hero", "veteran", "lord hero", and so on!!! Lesser
"elite" troop better!! HQ units can fullfill this role.

>I would like transport vehicles to calcaulate their movement in a
simpler
>and faster way when troops embark / disembark. The way it works in E40K
is
>simple and efficient. Both the infantry and the vehicle spend 5 cm of
their
>movement for each embark / disembark

We used this in Heresy, it works pretty good. What do other people say?

It's another good ideas!! More simple, then better. I think it can be used
either for flyer.

Zerloon