RE: [NetEpic ML] Son Of HQ Targeting

From: Steve Kerry <steve_kerry_uk_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:09:00 +0100 (BST)

> o Roll targeting aquisition die, 6+ you can
> continue, if you fail you lose
> your shot. (This would be per dice? per unit? per
> weapon?)

I'm not clear on why the shot has to mysteriously and
conveniently vanish into the warp like that. If you
see a stand of troops and shoot at it, regardless of
what it is, your to-hit probability suddenly drops by
83% just because it turns out to be the HQ? The
firing troops might not even know who they are
shooting at! Why should all the gun in the detachment
suddenly jam as soon as an HQ gets in their way?

I can understand why it needs to be harder to shoot
the HQ but if they are forbidden from doing so, there
is no justification for not letting them shoot at
something else that turn instead.