[v5.0] Chain of Command to all armies?

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 21:39:43 -0400

I don't like the concept, so I'll propose a general rule and proceed to
shoot myself in the foot with it:

"A detachment must have an HQ unit within command radius in order to
receive orders."

That means we need to give SHQs to every detachment in the game. Aspect
Warriors, Squat Brotherhoods, Space Marines - everyone. Just to match the
number of HQs already in the IG army.

+++++ This strikes me as rather silly, as the Chain of Command rule was
supposed to be a hiderence to the Imperial Guard - everyone else is good
enough to not need direct orders every turn. Well, except Orks and that's
what Nobs are for.

And we need to put in some fair and realistic (read as complicated) way to
keep the game from becoming "shoot the HQ."

In more personal terms, I'd have to re-paint roughly 20% of my Eldar and
Space Marines in order to mark SHQs. I'm lazy so I'll argue against the rule.

Let's leave the Chain of Command hinderence to the Imperial Guard.
-Yar