RE: [NetEpic ML] RE: Unit Point Costs

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:23:31 -0400

Hi!

"Standardize" a word of dread or relief, depends on who you ask. We seem
to agree on standardizing certain weapons, but not points costs. Hard to
understand. I realize many don't like a lot of change, that's okay. But
I find it funny that we accept GW's original rules and stats so readily
when we KNOW they are not well thought out nor tested. I don't view a
coherent plan for points cost as standardization, but a necessary step
to put some reality in a points system that has none.

Note we don't need to change anything, but those few units that people
have a problem is, thing is when it comes time to change it, what
objective criteria will we use? There is none. If we use a comparative
scheme, we might as well use Jar's, at least his makes sense, whereas
GW's scheme does not.

Peter