RE: [NetEpic ML] Core rules polls

From: Vladimyr <aallen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:05:22 -0500

Hi Peter,

> Granted, units where the players doesn't have total control like the
> avatar (and chaos androids) should either cost little or nothing, since
> they may be or use or not at all. Other free cards like jet bikes and
> dire avengers should be paid for.

I myself am just getting back into epic and netepic, but have been following
these threads for some time (in between reading and re-reading the netepic
rules), but I must admit, I think that in the case of the free units, as
well as the other units, it would perhaps be better to take them on an
individual basis, rather than lump them together.

In the case of the avatar, he is fairly uncontrollable and gives 2VP away.
When I played Eldar I rarely took the avatar because of the risk of 2
sometimes easy VP for my opponent. Which I guess seems a fair trade off for
the free cost.

Other units aren't so black and white. The Eldar units could be easily left
as free, if you limited them to armies painted in those craftworld colours.
Sort of a prize for actually painting the army in craftworld colors. But
then you have the other question which that would bring. What is in it for
the other armies? Which is lot harder to answer.

Well, that's a big enough ramble for now :)
Mr Flibble

P.S. Peter, I owe you thanks. Your article in Incoming proved to my wife
that there are people crazier than me.. At least at the moment :)