Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] New Imperial units

From: Sam Dale <epic_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 15:55:32 +0100

> IG should have a Bike Company, without them they lack decent mobile CC
> units for taking objectives, (rough riders are too slow),

IG ain't meant to have rapid CC units. But, the bikes do need to stay. Your
other option is mechanised units in Gorgons and Chimeras.

I'd actually love to have a play with airbourne IG at some point. Crappy
transports, low grade troops, but speed to put em in useful places. And then
there's the seabourne an all.

On the discussion of airbourne units, would the Epic 40k system be workable?
Bombers, transports and fighters fly onto the table during the movement to
the place they want to attack from, drop their troops, bombs or do their
strafe runs from that postition with AA able to fire at them first, then
remove em next movement phase as they overfly the field or at the end of
firing as they dustoff and leave (transports being more vulnerable to being
caught as they do their thing). Let em do it again next turn. They provide
fire every other turn whilst not hanging around. And you get to use the
models. Maybe allow the fighters to engage in dogfights off table of to
intercept units as they come in on missions.

Sam.