RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0]Marine revision part I poll summary

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 20:02:17 -0400

Hi!

Darius, you have to add the percentages of the two options that wanted
change. They add to 74% which clearly surpasses the 2/3 majority. Once a
want for change is established, then the alternative with more votes is
it.

One must remember that majority does not stem from the votes on just ONE
alternative. Alternatives are grouped into categories. For examples most
polls are between "change" and "no change". The "no change" is usually
one alternative, but the "change" are usually several. For purposes of
interpretation the multiple alternatives under "change" out-weigh that
of the "no change" alternative. Once it is determined that change is
wanted then the alternative with more votes in the "change" alternatives
is the victor.

Jyrki interpretations were pretty standard and would be the same I would
have done for those alternatives.

Peter