Re: Re[2]: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] AP vs AT

From: Weasel Fierce <weasel_fierce_at_...>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 00:05:49 +0000

>No one is saying 5.A is bad. what we are saying that
>there are a lot of changes. From what I can gather the
>optional rules will be 100 pages thick and the core
>rules 32 pages thick. In the last 2 months or so
>revisions have been taking place. How many games of
>Net Epic have you thrown down in that time? Me
>personally, 1. New rules and units need testing before
>they should become even optional not to mention core.I
>remember testing and testing for the Slann and that is
>now probably one of the most scrutinized armies we
>have added to the list (more than 1 group of players
>were involved in this endeavour). Someone on the list
>said "Keep it simple stupid". Can we improve 4.1's
>intellect? Yes, but not from grunt status to general
>status. I will read over 5.A when it comes out and I
>will probably try it out, but based on the 30+ polls I
>have voted in in the last 2 months I am not so sure I
>will stick with it.
>Darius

Yes, playtesting is good. We all know that.

However, theres a LOT of things people want to do and try. If we were to add
or change one thing. Playtest thoroughly, and then add or not, it would take
forever and ever.

I say, kick together the alpha version and playtest it. Theres something for
everyone to do that way. No need to playtest one obscure eldar unit for a
month and leave the rest out.

Weasel

How many lives will be taken today?
How many times will we just look away?