Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0]White Scars

From: Tom Webb <tom.webb_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 16:08:41 +0100

"Weasel Fierce" <weasel_fierce_at_...> on 05/06/2002 16:07:36

Please respond to netepic_at_yahoogroups.com

To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
cc:

Subject: Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0]White Scars

>White Scars excel in making hit and run attacks. White Scars bike
>detachments may break off from close combat after the first round has been
>fought. They are considered to have charge orders and the move may not end
>within 20cm of any enemy unit.

as long as it is emphasized that it is AFTER close combat has been fought.
Making a full (in effects extra) charge move is too much though.
Make it be advance orders and any that does not get outside 20 cm range is
destroyed. (possibly reduce that distance to 15 cm then)

>NEW UNITS
>Scout Bike
>Instead of scouts White Scars use scout bikes. Scout Bikes are fitted with
>special noise suppressors and may infiltrate. However, they must drive
>slowly and carefully to avoid attention and may only make a normal
>(advance) move instead of a charge move when infiltrating.
>
>Move: 30 cm
>Save: None
>CAF: +1
>Weapons: Bolters
>Range: 15cm
>Att. D: 1
>To Hit: 6+
>TSM: 0
>Notes: Infiltrate at advance (NOT charge) rate.

This works. But give them +2 CAF. Marines on bikes are 1 better than
tacticals, scouts on bikes should have the +1 as well.

>Since the LRC speed poll seems to be for changing the LRC's speed to 20cm
>they can't be used to transport White Scars Terminators anymore (too
slow).
>Therefore I mounted the termies in Rhinos, hence the lower point cost.
>
>Contents: 3 Terminator Detachments, 1 Company HQ (Term. Command stand,
>Rhino)
>Break Point: 10
>Morale: 1
>Victory Points: 7
>Cost: 700

Maybe this is a good place for an upgunned rhino ? Possibly having 25 cm
range, 2 attacks at 5+ to hit. Assault rhino or something

-> What about the Stormwind Rhino, suggested in Incoming! it had a
stormbolter, which was pretty cool.

Over all I like these rules. Very good

Do you have anything in mind for imperial fists ? Otherwise I would llike
do something for them

Weasel

How many lives will be taken today?
How many times will we just look away?

Pennywise - One voice

This email has originated from Steria Ltd (formerly Integris Ltd),
Registration No: 2706218.

Privileged, confidential and/or copyright information may be contained in
this email, and is only for the use of the intended addressee. To copy,
forward, disclose or otherwise use it in any way if you are not the
intended recipient or responsible for delivering to him/her is prohibited.

If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender immediately,
by using the reply facility in your email software.

We may monitor the content of emails sent and received via our network for
the purposes of ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.

relationships between Steria Ltd and the recipient.

Office registered at: Computer House, Great West Road, Brentford,
Middlesex, TW8 9DH