RE: [NetEpic ML] Allies

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:10:20 -0400

Hi!

Not a bad idea!

Look people, its CLEAR that the majority has spoken and allies are here
to stay. Note this is NOT a new rule. As I mentioned before this rule
came with the original space marine game and for one reason or another
was PURPOSELY left vague in net epic so people could decide for
themselves.

Having said that, people will use whatever they want rule or no rule.
It’s clear to me that some restrictions are in order. What follows are
my own “house rules” that I have used for years plus a combination of
ideas posted to the group.

1. Who can ally with whom? Most of these are fluff based.

Imperial armies- SM, IG and all these rest. Chapters can mingle freely
and aren’t really allies they are the same army. Combinations of IG/SM
or others would be allies and restrictions apply.

Eldar- will ONLY ally with imperial forces IF the opponent is chaos. No
other combination accepted.

Squats- will ONLY ally with imperials IF the opponent is Orks. No other
combination accepted.

Orks, chaos and tyranids may have NO ALLIES. Note that in the case of
chaos we will be defining the “cultist” portion of the army list and
define clearly what PDF equipment is allowed thus they have their own
list and may not wander from what’s stated.

Slann/Necron- will ally with imperials, eldar and squats IF the opponent
is Tyranids. No other combination allowed.

2. Allied army construction. A hodge podge of ideas posted.

Allies come in “packets” that are one company card its 5 support cards
and one special card. You may NOT buy another company/support/special
card unless you have completed the first “packet” completely (this means
one company card, 5 support and one special card).

In any event, if you don’t like allies just don’t use them. Most of the
time I only use “pure” armies, although I don’t enforce that restriction
on my opponent because I like the extra challenge. Quite frankly once
you get used to playing against mixed army they are no different than
playing against mixed one. It just takes getting used to.

Peter