RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0]Salamanders

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:44:48 -0400

>> >Fluff: the gravity and seismic activity in Nocturne make it
>> difficult to
>> train Bike and assault type units. That's why they are so
>> heavily restricted.
>> >
>> >Jyrki Saari
>>
>> So it's difficult - wah. The sergeants just make 'em train
>> harder.
>
>How large training mortality rate the Salamanders can sustain?

I was about to point out that it'd be stupid to *not* train where you'd
have survivors, but then I remembered that this is the W40k universe -
militaries *do* stupid things here. Sorry. I'm still thining about how to
put your suggestion into slightly simpler terms, though. I prefer a "You
want to play XYZ Chapter? Fine - you can use *these* cards and you can't
use *those* cards." approach - makes it simpler to create an army, and I'm
lazy that way.

>> If you'd
>> like to eliminate all units that don't move on the ground
>> (assault troops,
>> speeders and fliers), *that's* a disadvantage.
>
>???? Who said anything about fliers? Or eliminating the other units?
They're just restricted. Pretty heavily, yes, but still not eliminated.

I did. How can you further restrict something that's only bought as a
Support Card? Making it a Special Card?
-Yar