Re: [NetEpic ML] Poll results for netepic

From: Sam Dale <epic_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:52:01 +0100

> We also need to define who can take allies. For example Chaos
> has none as well as Tyranids. What about Orks? Can
> they team up with any army when facing those foes?
> Eldar? They distrust mankind. Can they take allies or
> will there be conditions if they are fighting Chaos or
> Tyranids for example?

Surely there's more flexibility in allies than what's been mentioned so far.

Chaos, Dark Eldar, Orks and corrupt PDF/IG will fight together under the
right circumstances. And any of the human armies, Eldar, Slann, Tau and
Squats will fight together. Even Eldar and Squats would work together if
they come under attack from a mutual foe. We're talking galaxy wide
conflicts, with a myriad of possible combinations and motivations and so on.
It's just the bugs that noone wants to go anywhere near.

Aaaaand, i know the FB (and literature) antipathy between Elf and Dwarf, but
is there really any fluff explaining any hostility in the 40k universe?
Other than the usual "get orrrf moi laaand!" clashes. I can't think of any.

I personally like putting together flexible armies that aren't designed
specifically for one opponent. Saying things like Eldar or Squats will only
ally with another army when faced with Chaos makes the idea of allies
useless to me cos i can't include them if i'm not necessarily gonna be up
against that specific army.

Sam.