Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Salamanders - new units

From: antichrist666it <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:36:48 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., "Weasel Fierce" <weasel_fierce_at_h...> wrote:
> >Assault Marines/Devastators
> >The Salamanders prefer close-range engagements with the enemy where
> >their superior numbers of short ranged but deadly weapons, such as
> >Multi-Meltas and Flamers, can swiftly eradicate their foes. Flamers
> >ignore cover to hit.
> >Models: Same of the Assault/devastator squads.
> >
> >Salamanders Assault Marines
> >MOV: 15cm
> >SAV: 6+
> >CAF: +3
> >WPN: Flamers
> >RNG: 25cm
> >ATK: 1
> >HIT: 4+
> >TSM: 0
> >Notes: Flamers ignore cover modifiers
>
> I dont like these.
> Keep assault marines and flamer marines separated

Why? Even normal Assault squads may be equipped with flamers
(speaking of w40k)

> >Salamanders Devastators
> >MOV: 10cm
> >SAV: 6+
> >CAF: +1
> >WPN: Heavy Weapons
> >RNG: 50cm
> >ATK: 2
> >HIT: 5+
> >TSM: -2
> >Notes:
> >

> Not sure I see a reason for this change ?

Just fluff reasons, as the Multi-Melta is the Salamanders favourite
heavy weapon and packs a shorter range (but a more effective punch)
of other heavy weapons... :P

> >Salamanders Chaplain
> >Chaplains are the religious leaders of the Space Marine forces as
> >well as formidable warriors due to their unshakeable determinism.
> >Salamanders' Chaplains are armed with fearsome Thunder Hammers, and
> >are considered Elite units.
> >1) Inspiring Presence - With the courage inspired by their
presence,
> >all Imperial Infantry and Cavalry troops within 10cm of a Chaplain
> >may add +1 to their close combat score.
> >Models: Chaplain and Tactical Marine models from the GW Space
Marine
> >sprue. Chaplains wear black armor regardless of the chapter.
> >
> >Salamanders Chaplain
> >MOV: 10cm
> >SAV: 6+
> >CAF: +5
> >WPN: Bolt Pistol/Thunder Hammer
> >RNG: 25cm
> >ATK: 2
> >HIT: 5+
> >TSM: 0
> >Notes: HQ, Elite, Inspiring Presence
> >
> >This unit substitutes normal Chaplains and costs 25 pts more (100).
>
> not certain he should be better than say a wolf priest

Again, just fluff (in the 40k codex the Salamanders Chaplain may be
equipped with a Thunder Hammer, normally a Terminator-only weapon)