RE: [NetEpic ML] Epic A: should we say someting?

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:55:44 -0400

Hi!

-->I'm with Kelvin (as opposed to stupid) on this one. 8) Yes, the
metal strips can be a pain to work with, but conversions and rebasing
isn't all that difficult. Having worked a bit with the warmaster minis,
I have had an easier time actually of converting things than I did with
the old plastic Epic infantry and such. As Kelvin said, invest in a
good
pair of metal snips, and rebasing is fairly simple. just cut the strips
to individual infantry, then rebase on square card or what not. It will
look better than some of the stands I've seen, where the infantry
roundels don't fit into the divets, or are based on flat card (like some
of my own stands). while the individual plastic types may be dust
binned, the metals may help in keeping costs down, which would be a
pleasant change from GW. Also, the quality of the casts shoudl be
generally higher than with lastics, and less likely to be damaged by
conditions in shipping. No more half melted IG because the box was too
close to a space heater, and such. No, it's not ideal, and not
specifically useful to us, but it's still a far better deal than nothing
at all. So we have to do a little more "hobby work" than before. So
what? It's part of the hobby in general after all, and we can't expect
things to go exactly, or even clode to what we idealize. As long as
we're in the same area code, we should manage just fine.

--->Perhaps you are right, but I cut the metal strips from battletech
for the slann and didn't find it too easy. We'll see.

silly Q for Peter: Who's more cantankerous: GreyTalkers or NetEpicers?

--->Greytalkers hands down. You say something Heretical there like FR is
a better campaign setting and you be roasted alive <chuckle>!

Peter