[v5.0] Stormtroopers

From: yar_underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:39:04 -0000

Here's my take on them:

I see the driving concept behind the Imperial Guard Army is "massive
quantities of average troops." A collary to this would be "small
groups of above-average troops are ok." A company-sized group of
above-average troops (i.e. a Stormtrooper Company) violates
the 'feel' of the IG army.

However, as small groups of elite troops, I think they fit in quite
well. Think of 'em as Special Forces and it works - they have the
option of Deep Strike (HILO insertion) or going in or standard
transports (Chimeras).

I look askance on the 'Snap Fire without penalty' ability as that's
been reserved for robotic reaction speeds - I don't care how trained
you are, your reaction speed doesn't improve *that* much.

As a suggestion, let's keep the Stormtroopers as the *only* standard
IG troop with a special ability - troops with Stealth, Sniper and
other should be created, but I think they ought to be saved for Codex
Army lists like Catachans.
-Yar