RE: [NetEpic ML] psy power vs unit in close combat

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 07:56:17 -0400

Hi!

-----Original Message-----
From: nils.saugen_at_... [mailto:nils.saugen@...]
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 2:51 AM
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [NetEpic ML] psy power vs unit in close combat

Hi

Here's another dilemma that I ran into while playing against Slann with
Eldar.

I charged a group of advanceing Slann hvy. mechs with a squad of
jetbikes.
Attacking 2 of the mechs with 2 stands and the third with one stand.
The
Slann mechs was acompanied by a Slann mage in a hvy mech. My opponent
used
this command mech to fire into the melee, since jetbikes can't pin
mechs. He
even used the flamer template carefully placeing it so that it didn't
touch
his own model, but covered the jetbike stand in cc wit his mech. In this
manner he was able to save 1 or 2 (I can't remember) of his mechs from
beeing destroyd in the CC.

Is it a legal move?

--> NO! The jet bikes are PINNED by the larger knight unit, but the
knight unit is not pinned. You can only legally fire at the knights
since they are not pinned. We made a rule saying skimmers could let
themselves be pinned by non-skimmers to avoid this scenario.

This is actually a double question first off is it ok to fire into this
CC
using "normal" weapons, secondly is there any difference with regards to
the
use of template weapons!!!

---> You can fire any weapon into close combat, template or otherwise,
but note that you cannot have friendly units caught in the crossfire
unless you are cold blooded.

Thirdly how about neuro disruptor missiles, they do not harm Slann
troops in
any way, should Slann therefore be able to fire the on themselves. For
instance in an attemt to hamper the CC ability of opposing players???

---> This is the same scenario as with the eldritch storm and it is not
allowed.

Peter

Nils