Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0]Chaos army list

From: AntiChrist <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:12:51 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_h...> wrote:
> Also let me reply to those who think that my proposal slows the
game too much, that figures in hand it's not so slowing. Since in a
3000 - 5000 point game, the number of detachments of a Chaos army is
not SO large (and still they must be close to check animosity), the
time loss is not significant. Ork armies also have to check wether
Nobz are in distance, Tyranids have to check hive mind radius and IG
also do for command radius. Has anyone even whispered about modifying
this rules to speed up the game? Is it so stressful to measure 30cm
and then roll a die before activating a detachment? I don't think so.
It's just a matter of playtesting.

> As every new rule, it seems it should bog down the game at the
beggining, but after some games, people get used to it and the game
doesn't slow any more.

With IG, Tyranids and Orks you only have to check distance of the
nearest HQ unit to see if they are in range. With Chaos, you need to
check every unit that might be within 30cm of the activated
detachment each time, to check animosity. Personally, I like the
animosity thing all the way, but also have to admit that could be
boring measuring distances every single activation or waiting your
opponent to do so...