Re: [NetEpic ML] [5.0]Chaos army list

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 02:10:15 -0500

They _are_ the generic chaos marines of the power in question:
Khorne: World Eaters (Berzerkers)
Nurgle: Death Guard (Plague Marines)
Slaanesh: Emperor's Children (IIRC Noise Marines are just a sect within
the Children)
Tzeentch: Thousand Sons

-->This is part of the problem. They shouldn't be the generics for each
power. Yes, all World Eater's and Bezerkers, but not all Beserkers are
World Eaters, if you see what I'm saying. The "named" Legions should be
slightly better (and expensive) compared to their generic cousins.

The rest (Alpha Legion, Black Legion, Iron Warriors, Night Lords and Word
Bearers) follow Chaos undivided, although this is just the current
situation. At the time of AT/SM1 at least Night Lords and IIRC Iron
Warriors were a Khornate legion.

-->Let's see, according to those wonderful heretical Realms of Chaos
Books:
Slaaneshi:
        Emepror's Children
        Iron Warriors (Changed to Undivided in TLATD)
        Alpha Legion
Khorney:
        Word Bearers (Should be Chaos Undivided IMO)
        Black Legion (Pre-Death of Horus)
        World Eaters
        Night Lords
Tzeentchian:
        Thousand Sons
Nurgleish:
        Death Guard
these were the chapters mentioned by name in LATD, and STD. The Tiger
Claws (Badab Rebellion, joined temporarilly by the Mantis warriors,
Executioners, and Lamenters), appeared in WD and the 40K Compendium.

Hm, actually this gives me an idea (RUN!). The undivided list is bound to
lack some of the niftier aspects of the power specific lists (daemon
engines etc.). Giving undivided more marines to choose from (and some
kind of daemon prince, perhaps?) would be a good way to compensate.

-->Certainly any living Primarch of a Legion dedicated to Chaos undivided
would work. 8)

Whew! I can't believe that a loyal Imperial citizen like myself is
participating in this heretical discussion. I think I'll visit the
Sisters of Battle for some well deserved chastisement. :D

-->Just a little bit of peril? Please?

Josh R

"No matter where you go, there you are." B.Bonzai