[NetEpic ML] Re: Let the Revision begin!!

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <canapi_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 11:02:07 +0100

jyrki.saari_at_... wrote:
> For the last time: this is not about the ability of infantry to DESTROY a
> tank. Maybe the bazooka/panzerschreck/RPG/TOW/Carl Gustav/ATMM/AT
> grenade/lascannon/PlazmaGizmo(TM) actually FAILS TO DESTROY THE TANK, eg,
> THE TANK SURVIVES. I think we both agree that in this case the tank is free
> to move away since it is INTACT. With the current rules the tank is forced
> to sit still and wait for the infantry to go for another round.
>
> To summarize:
> 1) Infantry SHOULD DEFINETELY able to destroy a tank in close combat BUT:
> 2) IF the tank survives the round of combat it SHOULD DEFINETELY be able to
> move away in the next movement phase.

And a Tank can pin a Tank? and why a bulky marine should pin my
harlequins? (tze!)
I think we don't need so many rules, only something to play a nice game,
don't start mumbling what's real or not, just try to define some rules
that describe at a reasonable level of abstraction what can happen in
the battlefield.

--
Lorenzo Canapicchi
mailto:canapicc_at_...