Re: [5.0] Eldar revision part 2

From: Stephane Montabert <kotrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 00:09:51 -0700 (PDT)

I'll comment my proposal here:

WARP HUNTER TEMPLATE:
Scatters 3d6 cm. If a HIT is rolled on the scatter
dice, reroll it once: only a second HIT will leave
the template in place.

Comments:
- Deviation is 9-12 cm on average, up to 18 cm, enough
to miss by a wide margin reflecting an inaccurate
weapon
- Rule is straightforward
- Resolution is faster
- Predictability of a direct hit is EXACTLY THE SAME
as previous rules (Two consecutive HIT on the scatter
die) so warp template is NO BETTER

> From: "costanzo" <costanzo.d_at_...>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Actually that is not a bad thought to increase the
> > dice for deviation
> > and reduce the overall amount of dice. It reflects
> > the weapons inaccuracy.
> on 2 rolls there is one possibility on 36 to score
> 2 "hit" (no scatter). If
> you roll the dice only ones you have 1 possibility
> on 6 to score "hit".

Nope, there are two HIT faces on the scatter die, so
it's 1/3. And with my proposal you'd still need two
HIT for a direct shot, so no need to change the tank
cost - chances of a direct hit are still 1/9.

> From: "AntiChrist" <seimejote_at_...>
> Will not it require MORE time? O_o

I recall the current system:
- Throw scatter die and 2d6
- Compute landing point from original template
location
- move template there
- Throw scatter die and 2d6
- Compute new landing point from previous one
- move template there
I think it leads to lots of arguments (moving a
template with scatter is not really reliable) and is
time-consuming.

New system proposal:
- Throw scatter die and 3d6
- If a HIT is rolled, reroll it as a direct shot only
occurs on a second HIT
- Compute landing point from original template
location
- move template there

Have you ever TRIED it ? :o)

=====
Stephane "The Guy Without A Nickname" Montabert
"It's better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Eric Wujcik