RE: [NetEpic ML] Termites, Moles and Hellbores ?????

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:08:32 -0400

Hi!

You've lost me there. Do they fire according to orders, or do they
fire in the first fire phase/always count as being on First Fire (if
so, where'd it say that in the instructions)?

After reading the rules again, it seems to be one of those "typo",
"omissions". The "vision" was that the tunneler would surface be able to
fire immediately (a sort or special fire ability unique to them) so as
to clear the area then it could disembark the troops carried.

After this the tunneler would fire and move according to its orders, so
the above "ability" is a one time deal when it surfaced.

I don't know if this is STILL what people want, it's what I have used
for years and it doesn't seem particularly powerful. Mind you there is
no protection from "snap fire", so the vulnerability of termites and
moles still exist.

Opinions?

> I'm not sure if I answered your question. You might put it in an
> example of what you mean for me to get it clearer.

A Termite pops up in the middle of a mass of artillery - without
enough space left around it for its cargo to deploy. The suggestion
was that it could fire immediately to clear some space, and the troops
inside would then deploy into the clear area created.

Yes, this is what we wanted to do, see above.

Peter