Re: [NetEpic ML] WELL HERE THEY ARE, NECRONS (LONG)

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:15:13 -0400

eivind.borgeteien_at_... wrote:

>Hmm...
>
>I would say that the titan could try and raise his shields but with the same penalty on the dierolls as he has for shooting (-2 isnt it?)

To make it simpler, shields are repaired on a roll of 6 when under the
effects of the missile.

>Further, I would say that a successfull hit with mantismissile would down one shield, and each subsequent round the titan is in contact with the mantis-field one more shield would go down.

I like and agree with this idea.

>So in your example, it would be quite hard for the titan to raise his shields, but not impossible. The first shield he raises would also go down, so he must have at least two successes to be protected.
>
>This would also mean that a titan with only one active shields isnt protected from the mantis-field.

Sounds reasnable, although the wording needs to be streamlined.

>Im not sure how this rule would eldar titans and gargants though...

In case of gargants its easy. Same rules as void shields, of course
power fields can't regenerate.

In case of eldar titans, as with normal barrages, mandatory scatter,
which maks them vulnerable if they get hit.

Peter