Re: Rule for Outnumbering

From: Stephane Montabert <kotrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 00:54:02 -0800 (PST)

Hello, this message is primarily addressed to Peter,
but anyone can jump in. The problem I have is that I
don't manage to get a clear rule statement from his
formulation:

"I think the best solution "gamewise" is two simply
curtail "ganging up" on stands until all other stands
within charge range are engaged."

After a short discussion, Mete pointed out also that
unit coherency must be guaranteed otherwise confusing
situations may occur. The definition of "within charge
range" is not completely clear, because it's rather
"whitin unit coherency of all the models of the
assaulting unit moved at that time". Well...

IMHO it seems that the procedure would be:
1. a first assaulting model is moved in base-to-base
contact with an assaulted model;
2. further models from the assaulting unit are moved,
respecting movement rates, unit coherency, etc., on
eligible unengaged enemy models;
3. outnumbering can happen only if there is no
unengaged enemy model left within charge range and
unit coherency when moving a further assaulting model.

Do you guys agree and, maybe, provide a better
wording?

Finally, I feel someone could bend this rule with the
order he starts moving assaulting models; if the first
model moved is the nearest to the ennemy or the
furthest one, it affects the outcome as charge reach
of remaining models is not the same. Has anyone tried?

  Stephane

=====
Stephane "The Guy Without A Nickname" Montabert
"It's better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Eric Wujcik