RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: Rule for Outnumbering

From: Dave Sell <g1jqr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:15:33 +0000

>"I think the best solution "gamewise" is two simply
>curtail "ganging up" on stands until all other stands
>within charge range are engaged."
>
>After a short discussion, Mete pointed out also that
>unit coherency must be guaranteed otherwise confusing
>situations may occur. The definition of "within charge
>range" is not completely clear, because it's rather
>"whitin unit coherency of all the models of the
>assaulting unit moved at that time". Well...
>
>IMHO it seems that the procedure would be:
>1. a first assaulting model is moved in base-to-base
>contact with an assaulted model;
>2. further models from the assaulting unit are moved,
>respecting movement rates, unit coherency, etc., on
>eligible unengaged enemy models;
>3. outnumbering can happen only if there is no
>unengaged enemy model left within charge range and
>unit coherency when moving a further assaulting model.
>
>Do you guys agree and, maybe, provide a better
>wording?
>
>Finally, I feel someone could bend this rule with the
>order he starts moving assaulting models; if the first
>model moved is the nearest to the ennemy or the
>furthest one, it affects the outcome as charge reach
>of remaining models is not the same. Has anyone tried?
>
> Stephane

Why not make it similar to the 40K version. The closest model from the
charging unit is moved into the closest model from the unit being charged.
Then, other models from the charging unit are moved so as to engage as many
enemy models as possible in the target unit(s). Unit coherency must be
maintained by the attackers at all times. All moves must be made so as to
ensure that the maximum number of enemy models are engaged.

This allows ganging up, but only on units which have isolated themselves to
some extent.

Dave

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger